Sunday, April 3, 2016

My Beautiful Girl

Nellie has been my loving companion for the last 8 years.  She's the one who slept snuggled up to me at night, and greeted me when I got home from work. 
She kept me company in the sewing room always, and LOVED all of my quilts and projects.  She was always the first to sit on anything new and give it her stamp of approval.


 
 I first met her (I like to say at the RACV) at the RSPCA.
On her card it said she was in the TV Show The Saddle Club.
She instantly purred when I met her and wanted to snuggle into my arms.  I knew she was the one we would take home.  She was 2 years old at the time and had already had a litter of kittens.  Most people were after a kitten.
 
 She had a kind face and a loving nature.  She was my girl.
 A few weeks ago she became very ill.  We had a couple of trips to the vet, and despite everything, she didn't improve.  She stopped eating and hardly moved, except to go out into the garden where she could watch me work and feel close at all times.
 The time came where I had to make a heat breaking decision to let my friend sleep forever in my garden.
 It has been a difficult week for me, saying goodbye to such a loving friend who has been through so much with me through some troubled times.
 She so loved my new Glass House and often used to curl up on my chair out there while I was at work during the day.

Rest in Peace my friend

21 comments:

sigisart said...

Dear Annie,
through all the space between us, I can feel your sadness. You have found wonderful words of love and friendship, nothing left to say. I´m so sad with you.
Many hugs from me
sigisart

Frog Quilter said...

Feeling your loss. Lots of big hugs.

Anonymous said...

Deepest sympathy to you from central Florida, USA. Animal companions are our friends, family, soul mates. When we lose them the pain is intense.

Frogdancer said...

It's hard when they leave us.
xx

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dearest Annie ~ I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet feline friend. They worm their way into our hearts and lives.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

apiecefullife said...

Oh that is very sad Annie. I am sorry.

Anonymous said...

feeling your loss Annie the other two will help fill the space love you MNvA


baukje said...

The friendship of an animal is forever and that's why it is so difficult to loose it. Our dog is ill at the moment ......

Jan said...

Oh Annie -I'm so sorry. Poor Nelliepuss and poor you. She was such a gallant wee girl and she'll always have a special place in your heart. xx

helenko said...

They leave such a big hole when they go...... I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to read of your loss - I know how devastating it can be to lose a loving friend and companion. Glad that you have a spot in the garden for her to stay with you.

Quiltedtime said...

Cats are such dear and wonderful companions. I will keep both of you in my prayers. I lost my neutered tomcat, Swami, in December, and I still miss his sweet soul. I can totally relate. Hugs. K.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Oh, Annie, I am so sorry. It is truly heartbreaking when one who has been so close has to leave. My Bruno is having a harder time getting around each day. I don't want to think about it. Neither of our cats enjoy being held. They demand brushing, but only on their terms. However, the neighbor cat loves being held and stroked. Go figure!

happy hooker said...

So sad to lose a darling companion. You still have your memories and she was so lucky to have you in her life. x

Wjb said...

She was a lovely puss, and I know you will miss her. Make the garden special around her. You will always remember her.

Nikki said...

SO sorry to read this, Annie. Much love to you. xx

Sue Walker said...

I will miss seeing Nellie at your home Annie, she was truely an icon, I know also a loving companion for you. Xxx

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear Annie... didn't get to meet Nellie but I know I would loved her... sending hugs your way, Joy xxx

Jenny said...

Dear Annie I am so so sorry to hear about gorgeous Nellie. It is so hard to say goodbye. Our animals are our family. She sure had a beautiful life xx

Humaun Kabir said...

What a great post. I’m really like it! Very, very dgdeeac good!

Gardening Gloves

Maariah said...

Generating papers can be an significant bureau related to my voyage i cannot in a few doorway sidestep. Because of your blog whilst, When i don’t preserve so that you can. You have noticeable every person with a flaw that may grabs numerous my reviews area replys. CBD Vape & Terpene Pens