Saturday, February 1, 2014

Very Hot Today


 It was forecast to be another very hot day today.
 I decided to get up early and do a small patch of weeding before I had a shower.  The first week of school has been endured and I've interviewed nearly all of the children one on one, finding out where they are up to in Maths so we are ready to start Point of Need Teaching right from the start of the year.
All children will be there together on Monday.
 I missed my garden being back at school, so had to take a posy of roses for my desk, so I had a little bit of garden with me during the day.
 These Tiger Lillies are spectacular.
 My canaries don't like the heat, but there are still more babies coming and growing in nests.  It has been a good year for them.  I love hearing them chattering while I'm out in the garden.
 This is an interesting Salvia I have in my garden.  I don't know the name, but I cut back other plants around it a while back, and it has flourished.

I may . . . have just made another Eva dress . . .  did I say I was a little obsessed?
Beautiful Hydrangea's in the early morning, but they do hate the heat.
Keep cool everyone.

8 comments:

JB said...

Market day today and it was forecast for 44! Thankfully there has been some cloud cover and it hasn't quite got there, currently 39.6 and strangely it seems ok, I am indoors with the fan on. That may have something to do with being able to cope. Our cool change is coming on Monday and then we are back in heat wave conditions.
You sure are getting your moneys worth out of that pattern!

Sue Walker said...

Garden looks lovely, I am ready for kids to return Monday, pity hubby then goes on 4 weeks holidays :/ have to get your little charges to wander over and water the little tree in pot near your class Annie, I worry about little tree. Enjoy your next working week.

Quiltedtime said...

IT IS so difficult running off to school and not being home with all that we love. I am certain that your garden and little pets miss you, too.

Locket Pocket said...

It made me smile to read about the roses on your desk so you would have a bit of your garden with you - I always have to have my latest craft project in my bag when I'm at work just so I can peek at it from time to time! X

Locket Pocket said...

It made me smile to read about the roses on your desk so you would have a bit of your garden with you - I always have to have my latest craft project in my bag when I'm at work just so I can peek at it from time to time! X

Locket Pocket said...

It made me smile to read about the roses on your desk so you would have a bit of your garden with you - I always have to have my latest craft project in my bag when I'm at work just so I can peek at it from time to time! X

aunty said...

Salvia lanceolata Annie ~get it?
like Sir Lanceolot, your knight in shining armour, just grow your own!
XAF

Rita @The Crafty Expat said...

How hot it is at the moment in Melbourne! It's crazy! I love the hot weather but when it's 40+ it's even hard to go out...
Those tiger lilies are indeed beautiful!